Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Simple Life


Tradition at our house is that every New Years Eve it is semi- mandatory to announce your New Years Resolution.

Things spill out like, "Be a better person" and "Serve others" "Read the BOM 3 times" but this year mine was simple...

To make my life less cluttered. Simplify things. Get rid of, organize, rearrange things making life simple.

So, the exact goal came out amidst all the other brilliant ideas that I would give to good will 100 items this year.

Now the piece I am leaving out is that I need therapy.... Yes me.

I have this complete obsession with being organized! (It came from my Mom who denys it, but is the most organized person I know!)

Well...

I have now taken this to the ump- teenth- degree...

I "adopted" some Craft Made closet organization inserts and (embarrassing I know) went wild!
I have now not only given away 100 items... (it is more like 200 things...) But my closet is AMAZING! I open it just to feel the stress leave my body.

It is true.

My big de- stresser in life is opening my closet.


Little do they know but the kids closets are next. I hope they don't find me at 3am "de-stressing" with their closets open... But we will see! ;)

No comments: