Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beginning To Look A Lot Like...



So....








I was thinking today about Christmas.








What does Christmas mean to me?






In thinking about it, a thought came to me this week. I have a friend (one of my best friends in fact) her name is Fae. She is in her 80's, and she has cancer... again.



Fae is an amazing lady that I am truly a better person for knowing. I adore her! I think she is the most kind, loving, devoted, faithful woman on the planet.



I have been lucky enough to know her for the past 13 years. Each month I am able to talk to her and catch up on things. I have told her many things in confidence, knowing they never go anywhere. She is always supportive and loving. I look forward to our visits! She has been there for everything, the good, bad and the ugly...






This week, her daughter stopped by our home with a gift for Christmas from Fae. She made it a point to tell me that her mom is to ill right now to shop for anyone, but she requested that Cindy and her missionaries receive a gift, that was all that was important to her.












I cried.












So, what does Christmas mean to me?




Making someone, somewhere feel special.






Let's all do that this Christmas Season!








FOOT NOTE: Sadly, Fae passed away a few days after Christmas.




No comments: