Monday, September 20, 2010

Wake Up!





The way the poodle sniffs my face



He dances around the room ready to chase



Because inevitably he needs to drop some waste





I sit up and step out of bed, he sprints down the stairs as if it is a race









As I cut through the kitchen to open up the door



I think of how much sleep I got, and wish I could get some more



As I enter the patio out to let him free



He gets very excited because he really needs to pee









As I get ready to ascend back to my lair,




I turn around and watch him pounce around the yard like a little hare



With a pounding headache in my head



I walk up the stairs, shut the door, and go back to bed.











-Ashton Thorpe

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nice to see a new post! :) It's hard not to wax poetic when it comes to Wiggett (sp?). He is a super-cute, amazing dog. Nice job, Ash!